Introduction of Digital Marketing
Introduction of Digital Marketing
To know the exact meaning of Digital Marketing firstly we have to split these two term i.e., Digital and Marketing.
First of all we have to understand the definition of Marketing given by Philip Kotler
“Marketing is the technique of Creating, Communicating and Delivering value to capture the needs and wants of the market at profit as well as for the association also.”
Definition of Digital
“Digital define electronic technology that set data in the form of codes, text, images and videos etc..”
By merging these two terms Digital and Marketing the exact meaning is
“Digital Marketing is the marketing access in which we need digital device for the marketing of products and services with the help of wireless connection.”
Importance of Digital Marketing
- Interaction with the targeted audience
- Generate more leads and subscribers than the traditional form of Marketing
- Reduced cost of advertising and cost effective
- Customer satisfaction and retention
- Revenue generation and increased ROI
- Build brand reputation
- Be ahead of competition
There are four pillars of Digital Marketing
4 keys objectives of marketing:
- Awareness –
The people will get aware about the product and services.
- Consideration –
Then customers will show their interest.
- Purchase –
Then customer will go for the purchase.
- Loyalty –
Customers continue to buy and bring more customers.
Personalization Marketing with Digital
Personalization Marketing is the process of keeping in mind the needs and preferences of your audience so that you market the right product to the right person at the right time.
Benefits of Personalization Marketing
- Effectively target specific audiences
- Target the specific group
- Customization in Products and Services
- Build deeper relationships with customers
Traditional vs. Digital Marketing
|1. Involves presence on newspapers, TV, radios, billboards, hoardings, pamphlets, banners, etc.||Involves presence on website, email, social media, search engines, mobile marketing, affiliate marketing etc.|
|2. Lacks of targeting specific audience.||Specifically target people based on location, age, interests, gender, etc.|
|3. Local Reach||Global Reach|
|4. Undefined customers||Defined customers|
|5. One way communication, people can’t interact||Two way communication, people can interact, respond and can share their interest|
|6. Its costlier||Its cost effective and cheap source of marketing then traditional marketing|
|7. Irrelevant Data||Relevant Data, easily to access, easily to find specific data|
|8. Results are not measurable||Results are measurable, visits and sales, Google analytics tool|
Constituents of Digital Marketing
Traffic Acquisition Channels
- Search Engine
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Display Advertising
- Affiliate Marketing
Supporting Channels –
- Mobile Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Search Engine –
- Search engine is a service that allows users to search for information.
- A user enters keyword into a search engine and receives a list of results in the form of websites, images, videos or other online data.
- 80% of internet users they prefer to use search engine.
- The list of content returned via a search engine to a user is known as a search engine results page (SERP).
The search engine contains:
Search Text Ads
Product listing Ads
- Social Media –
- Social Media involves the social interaction among people.
- Social Media is a platform in which we make a community where we share ideas, information and media (images and videos) with peoples virtually on a network.
Importance of Social Media
- 4 Websites out of top 10 most visited are social media sites.
- On a average an internet users spend about 10+ hours per week on social media.
- Social Media increase awareness about your product and services, connect you with your customer and increase your leads and incomes.
Social Media Marketing –
- Social media marketing refers to the process of gaining traffic or attention through social media sites.
- Social media marketing does not involve “Direct Selling.”
- The aim of being on social media is socializing, i.e. getting people into conversation.
- Every average individual today on social media is connected to 100+ friends.
- Easily interaction with customers on the basis of their Reviews, Feedbacks, Queries and FAQ.
- Better Customer Satisfaction
- Improved Brand Loyalty
- More Brand Authority
- Increased Brand Awareness
- Email Marketing –
- Email Marketing is a medium in which we use customer email-id for the marketing.
- Email Marketing is a directly marketing in which commercial message send to a group of people.
Advantages of Email Marketing –
- It’s Flexible
- Cost Effective
- Easy to track
- Directly Personalized content or message
- Easy schedule date and time
- Build strong customer relationships
- Optimize time
- Communicating with your customers through email
- Build brand credibility, loyalty and authority
- Reach to Global Audience
- Display Advertising –
- Display Advertising is a ads in which we marketing the product and services by showing the display ads in the form of images and videos.
- Display advertising involves creating and running banner ads across different websites.
Advantages of Display Advertising –
- Great audience reach
- Brand and Authority building
- It’s authentic
- Effective targeting to people
- Flexible costs
- Affiliate Marketing –
- Affiliate marketing in which an online retailer pays commission to an external website for traffic or sales.
- Affiliate Marketing promotes products, services or website of other businesses and makes commission out of it by sending traffic and buyers to them.
Advantages of Affiliate Marketing –
- Offers direct leads
- Affiliates can boost your reputation
- It’s cost effective
- Affiliates can rapidly scale your traffic
- Save cost on separate SEO and PPC
- Mobile Marketing –
Mobile marketing is a multi-channel digital marketing strategy in which marketer target audience on their smart phones via websites, email, social media, and apps.
Mobile Marketing is one of the most advanced and essential channel for marketing.
Advantages of Mobile Marketing –
- 80% of internet users own a Smartphone.
- Mobiles have been used largely today for buying and finding the product or services.
- Also help to retain customers.
- Personalized Marketing
- Faster Access
- User Friendly
- Easily Tracking
- Mobile Banking and Payment
- Very essential for the users and business
- Website –
- Website is a collection of web pages from where we collect information about the business and their products and services.
- The information is given in the form of content, images and videos, GIF etc.
- Website identified with a common domain name.
Advantages of Website –
- Website gives the introduction about the business and products.
- Website gives brief information about the products and services.
- Customer satisfaction and Better Relationship
- Easily Access and tracking users detail
- Taking Feedback
- Large number of audience
- Solving Online Queries
- Increase Sales
- Web Analytics –
- Web analytics is the measurement, collection and analysis of website visitors.
- Web analytics is a supporting channel that helps marketer to plan and execute their plans better.
- Web analytics helps us to track details and information of the visitor.
Advantages of Web Analytics –
- Retain or attract new customers for goods or services.
- Collection of Data
- Measure Web Traffic
- Visitors Count
- Website Performance